financial assistance

powerhousebridge

Malayalam
situation=for the constouction of a bridge an amount of Rs 2500000 is required.World bank will give 1000000:The remaining amount will be provided by local auothorities.. can I use the phrase financial assistance in the following way. The balance amount for the construction of the bridge that required after getting the financial assistance from World bank will be provided by local authorities

• Copyright

American English
    While "financial assistance" is correct, it can be construed as vague. Is there a reason you don't want to mention exactly when type of assistance it is, e.g. loan, grant, etc.?

It's the World Bank, by the way.

Kirill V.

Russian
    I fully agree with Copyright: 1 mil in World Bank financial assistance leaves substantial unclarity, as what people will certainly want to know is whether that "assistance" represents some form of a loan /guarantee, or is that just grant money that you don't have to repay...

powerhousebridge

Malayalam
    Please don't give much attention to the word and other tecnical aspects The above sentence is my own construction.I just want to know that the usage of the phrase" that required after getting the financial assistance "

Last edited:

Kirill V.

Russian
    I would add hyphens and one or two more words to make it clearer:
    The remaining amount - i.e. total cost of construction of the bridge less the World Bank financing - is to be provided by local authorities.

< Previous | Next >