financial settlement

Ben Jamin

Polish
I am in doubt if the expression "financial settlement" can be used as a synonym of "the agreed price", used in an offer from a contractor.

• Copyright

American English
    Thank you ... financial settlement sounds like you're discussing payment terms, when really you're talking about the quote. If I were writing it, I would say, "... we propose quoting by the square meter."

This is similar to quoting a large, hard-to-estimate job by the hour, rather than by the project.

So you would quote by the square meter, and once the job is complete you would count the square meters and bill the job. Financial settlement would normally be the terms of the invoicing, whatever you and the contractor decide on.

Last edited:

Ben Jamin

Polish
    Thank you ... financial settlement sounds like you're discussing payment terms, when really your talking about the quote. If I were writing it, I would say, "... we propose quoting by the square meter."

This is similar to quoting a large, hard-to-estimate job by the hour, rather than by the project.

So you would quote by the square meter, and once the job is complete you would count the square meters and bill the job. Financial settlement would normally be the terms of the invoicing, whatever you and the contractor decides on.
    Thank you. It confirms my earlier supposition.

< Previous | Next >