fine hair

AlexanderIII

Russian
Dear all,
this is form the novel by MATSON Morgan Second Chance Summer.

Unfortunately, I’d looked pretty much the same since childhood, with blue eyes and straight, fine hair that fell somewhere between blond and brown.

Is fine hair --
1) fluffy hair or
2) pretty hair?
I think 2. Is this correct?

• AlexanderIII

Russian
    Probably there is a typo here and you meant "thin strands of individual hairs".
    Do you mean different strands have slightly different colour? What unites them into individual strands?

AlexanderIII

Russian
    Thank you Retired-teacher AutumnOwl. I've found the explantion in the web.

What does it mean to have fine hair?: ...Fine hair refers to the thickness/diameter of the actual individual strand. There are a few ways to check the thickness of your hair but the easiest is by doing a strand comparison. If your hair strand appears like thread then you have coarse hair. It is however possible to have thin coarse hair. Pluck a strand of hair and compare it to what you see in the chart below.
    Thin Hair Vs Fine Hair: What's The Difference?

kentix

English - U.S.
    Fine hair means thin hair strands. Frequently, people with fine hair have a hard time styling it in popular styles because it's so thin it's hard to make it fluffy and curly/wavy when required. Fine hair doesn't have a lot of body. Notice she says it's "thin and straight".