Finitura Bianca

Lynx

British English
Hello!

I'm translating a text about corrosion-resistant materials and am struggling with this term - finitura bianca.
It is in the context of the properties of various materials when testing with the salt-spray test to measure corrosion resistance.

Full sentence: Rispetto ad una tradizionale finitura bianca, la resistenza nei test in nebbia salina evidenziano risultati superiori.
Compared with the traditional matt finish, corrosion resistance in the salt-spray test was found to be superior.

Is Matt Finish the correct term here? White finish seems too literal, and suggests the metal has been covered with a plastic coating, but I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Many thanks,

Lynx

• Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Hello Lynx!

Italian phrase, for my own opinion, is not complete.

However, my suggestion is as follows:

“compared to/with a traditional white finish, the resistance in salt spray tests shows superior/more effective performance”.

Please note: white coupon is the reference/the blank without any specified grade of gloss. Coupon(s) of the coating, not necessarily white and under salt spray tests – where the gloss is not defined - shows a better performance than white reference/blank.

Bye,

Benzene

Last edited:

masha188

Italian - Svizzera
    Serve assolutamente la frase precedente. Ad esempio che si tratti di metallo non è deducibile da quanto riporti, ma lo dai per scontato, quindi sai cose che noi non conosciamo.

Una possibilità è anche che si stia parlando di un trattamento di zincatura, dove la zincatura tradizionale, bianca, è meno resistente all'ambiente marino di quella tropicalizzata, gialla.

http://www.galvanicanoventana.it/acciaio-zincato-tecnologia.php

Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Hello masha188!

I don’t agree with your opinion since Sendzimir, Hot Dip Galvanization [HDG], CHROMITING [ZINCATURA BIANCA], zinc rich primer, zinc silicate represent the processes and products to be used for applying the first coat [to mitigate the corrosion of steel substrate] of a specific painting scheme.
    So, zinc coating is certainly not a finishing coat but it is a primer.

Bye,

Benzene

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >