fire both you up

hercules

France
Hello

Could you take a look at this please ? (fire up : eng => fr)

The things in common should be celebrated and used - in combination or alternately - to really fire both you up and make the relationship special and successful.

My try :
Ce que vous avez en commun doit être célébré et utilisé - de manière combinée ou alternativement - pour attiser la flamme et rendre la relation spéciale et réussie

• ChiMike

USA, English
    Bien compris.

"Fire up" s'appliquait au commencement aux moteurs à vapeur. (Fire up the engine: faire monter le feu), mais veut dire "s'enthousiasimer" ou "exciter l'imagination" quand il s'agit de personnes. ("He gave a speech that really fired up the troops." "He got all fired up about it." etc.)

hercules

France
    Thanks a lot ChiMike lexiconnaissance and sound shift :)

What do you think of "aviver la passion / attiser la passion / raviver la flamme de la passion" ?

watergirl

English, U.S.A.
    ChiMike's definitions are good. I'm not so sure about using "attiser/aviver/raviver...la passion" as translations since I think you are rendering explicit what is only hinted at in the English (i.e. that it includes the "heat" of sexual relations).

"Fire you both up" is more general here -- describing what gets you going, excites you -- and could also refer to hobbies or other shared interests. I think you need something broader in French -- unless your examples are less specific than I understand them to be....:)

hercules

France
    Thanks a lot Watergirl :)

Fire you both up" is more general here -- describing what gets you going, excites you -- and could also refer to hobbies or other shared interests

You are exactely right ! this is the meaning here

What do you think of
    "Aviver votre enthousiasme" ?