first airliner <to be delivered since the 767>

< Previous | Next >
  • nima_persian

Banned
    persian(فارسی)
    First, thank you so much.

Meanwhile, would you possibly tell me when you would rather don't use the verb of since, like the following?

since the 767 [was delivered by the Boeing Company to an airline] in 1982

mplsray

First, thank you so much.

Meanwhile, would you possibly tell me when you would rather don't use the verb of since, like the following?

since the 767 [was delivered by the Boeing Company to an airline] in 1982
    Since in this case is a conjunction, and for my part I would prefer it as it is used in the original sentence over any other possible reworded version of that sentence.

nima_persian

Banned
    persian(فارسی)
    Thank you so much.

Nevertheless, I do not need your preferenes. but I am wondering the reason, as this is a grammar site, isn't this?

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Thank you so much.

Nevertheless, I do not need your preferenes. but I am wondering the reason, as this is a grammar site, isn't this?
    Yes, it is a grammar site, but that doesn't mean we can give a grammatical reason for every choice of word. It is usually possible to express any particular meaning in lots of different ways, all grammatically correct. Often, there will be one way of expression that comes naturally to most English speakers.

mplsray has given you his preference, as an English speaker of some considerable experience.

< Previous | Next >