fishing weir

Bonsoir,

Comment traduire ce terme (on est au bord de la mer) : barrage de pêche ? déversoir de pêche ? bassin de pêche ?
Je suppose qu'il s'agit d'une sorte d'enclos dans lequel on "emprisonne" les poissons ?
Comme je ne sais pas monter une ligne, je suis réduite à faire appel à des fans...
Merci !:D

• I like "pêcherie fixe" from Termium, the Canadian Government Translation Service. See:

WEIR [7 records] - TERMIUM Plus® — Search - TERMIUM Plus®

I've seen them at various spots along le fleuve Saint-Laurent in Canada going downriver from Montréal towards the Golfe du Saint-Laurent. You can see pictures here:

http://www.patrimoine-culturel.gouv.qc.ca/rpcq/detail.do;jsessionid=957D88485CD849BDE99CA2D3A3EFFD06?methode=consulter&id=61&type=imma#.XAve39tKhD4

The OQLF (provincial government) uses the term "pêches à fascines" which is equally as good. Lucky you—you have a choice.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    I've just translated a booklet on this; on the islands of Oléron and Ré, they are called écluses à poissons. These are horseshoe-shaped. When the tide comes in they fill up; as it falls the fish are left behind and they are then netted.

< Previous | Next >