fixing the grill

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
India-Local dialect
The landlord told the blacksmith to make and put an iron grill along the wall of the balcony to have a secure stay.

What is the right word there ( in the place of 'put')? I sometimes use 'fix' and sometimes 'set up' or 'erect'?
  • Esca

    Senior Member
    USA - English
    I like the suggestion of "install."

    By the way, a "grill" is a cooking implement, whereas a "grille" is a screen or fence.
    I would actually call the kind of iron barrier we're speaking about, the one that might be at the edge of a balcony, a "rail" or "railing."
    < Previous | Next >