French base flash

Dictionary entry: flash

atcheque

français (France)
Bonjour,

Il y a l'entrée flash électronique (accessoire lumineux), mais l'usage de flash seul existe et devrait être présenté.
De plus, ajouté peut-être flash intégré.
Le flash permet la photo en lieu sombre.
Cet appareil dispose d'un flash intégré.

Merci, bon courage.

• DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Bonsoir,

Ce n'est pas le tout premier sens ?

flash nm (lumière brève et intense)flash n
    Il faut un flash pour faire une photographie de nuit.
    You need a flash for night photography.
    En tout cas, je vous passe à @Lacuzon pour flash intégré.

Kelly B

USA English
    It seems to me that the definition "a brief intense light" isn't the same as "a device used in photography that emits such a light." The sample sentence for the first ought to be something like in a lightning storm, the flash precedes the boom. The sentence you have goes with the second, which isn't there, except in combined forms. As Atcheque says, there ought to be the single word version.

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    That had occurred to me too, and I'm inclined to agree, but it's still up to @Lacuzon. I am merely here to translate what he provides me with :p I'm quite sure he will take a thorough look at this entry.

Lacuzon

Dictionary Editor
    French - France
    Bonjour,

OK to add a brief and luminous meaning for the photographic device. Therefore, I shall change the example sentence for the non photographic meaning. That being done, I'm not so sure an entry for flash intégré would be needed any longer.

Last edited:
    • Thank you!
    Reactions: DrD

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Bonjour,

I would say maybe not needed. Although, there are a couple of different ways we can translate intégré - integrated or built-in, and the precise choice may depend on what we're talking about. For flash intégré, I think the translation would always be built-in flash (not integrated flash). So, it might be helpful for some people to see exactly which term we'd use, but perhaps not massively important (I don't know if this might potentially open the floodgates to a lot of xyz intégré type entries, so up to you).