Flight path / Skyway / Airway route / Air track (AmE)


Senior Member
Hello everyone!

Which of these above mentioned words is best to describe the route one travels by plane, for example with a layover in between?

So, for instance, one could say:

I flew from New York City to LA with a layover in Chicago. That was my X.

I'm looking for the American version here.
  • AnythingGoes

    Senior Member
    English - USA (Midwest/Appalachia)
    In American aviation an airway is an aerial "highway"—a route following a constant heading between two named points. Passengers know nothing of this unless they're pilots or aviation buffs.
    < Previous | Next >