flip somebody off / give the bird


Senior Member
English - USA
I want to say the French equivalent of the offensive gesture known in English as flipping somebody off or to give somebody "the bird." I've seen "faire in bras d'honneur," but it doesn't seem right. Any help?

  • frog1gsu

    Senior Member
    British English
    I have never heard this expression in British English - may I say, I think barryglick might have missed the irony in the French expression and felt it didn't seem right for this reason.


    Senior Member
    français - France
    En France cette situation du "bras d'honneur" ou du "doigt d'honneur" est malheureusement fréquente chez les gens qui manquent d'éducation.
    < Previous | Next >