Flirting and Culture

< Previous | Next >

chicalita

English
I was wondering if some light can be shed on how men from different Latin cultures regard, or engage in, flirting. For example, Mexican and Italian men have a reputation for being quite flirtatious and bold with women. However I haven't heard or experienced the same about men from (again for example) Spain or Costa Rica.
So, are there truly regional/cultural differences in how men and women engage each other? Is flirting really the same everywhere or are the 'rules' different in different countries?

• E-D

Español, Euskara
    hey there!
    I think all Latin men tend to be bolder (no pun intended ha ha) and more social therefore more keen to approach us girls. There are definitely differences but as usual you cannot generalize.

Are you in your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s or over? I think that makes a difference as well.

Besos

jmx

Spain / Spanish
    To use the word "Latin" to encompass such different countries as Mexico and Italy makes very little sense to me.

To hint that these countries share some kind of "common psychology" borders both the ridiculous and the offensive.

Lucyernaga

Panama, Spanish
    Haven't you heard the expression "Latin Lover"? It is not that there is a "common psychology". I don't think it has been said to offend anybody:( . But there is a behaviour called "Latin Lover", which is not practiced by all Latin Americans or by all Spanish or Italian men, however they seem more likely to play the role because of - for example - cultural environment or family traditions.

I'm from Panama, and I can say you find all kinds of flirting behaviours here. Also the age makes a difference, as well as environment (exceptions included). We have the "viejo verde" which is an old man who seems too inmature in his approach to women, and a long list of flirting approaches.:eek:

It is very common to find married men with "queridas" (lovers) and you might say it is not acceptable, but some wives know who the Querida is (including address, phone number and full name) and they keep cool as long as the husband remains married and "happy".:rolleyes:

In my very humble opinion, Cuban men talk so cute, you always think they are flirting, but you might be surprised most of them are just being nice as they are. Colombian men are also very polite and gentlemen, wich will probably make a silly woman like :eek: me turn crazy. But I am happily acquanited with my neighbors beautiful way of talking and thus, cured from that symphtom.

In Latin America, we learn how do dance Salsa and Merengue very soon in our lives, most of our mothers promote "machista" behaviour and perhaps that could have something to do with the Latin Lover mentality.

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    jmartins said:
    To use the word "Latin" to encompass such different countries as Mexico and Italy makes very little sense to me.
    Perhaps Latin/Hispanic/Spanish-speaking would appease you?
    Although, I would like to know why "Italians" were included in this bunch....? Maybe she's just trying to find out how those of the "Romance Languages" flirt.?

jmartins said:
    To hint that these countries share some kind of "common psychology" borders both the ridiculous and the offensive.
    I think that Chicalita was inquiring about the DIFFERENCE between Spanish-speaking countries and their flirting habits. I didn't think that she was saying that all of these countries share a "common psychology".

Vanda

Moderesa de Beagá
    Português/ Brasil
    Flirting = Brazilian people, not only men. Equally men and women.

Sorry to disagree with (well, not that my disagreeing matters:) ),
    I think it's Roi, but Argentinians can't compete with Brazilians in
    this matter. Once I went to Buenos Aires with many wonderful
    girls (friends of mine) and I can tell you I didn't notice this
    Argentinian trait. Actually I was admired they were so behaviored.
    Here, there are times that we wish they weren't so bold.
    Only in Italy I saw something close to it.

timpeac

English (England)
    jmartins said:

Hi Jmartins - this is definitely a very usual usage of the word "latin" - or at least it seems to so to me. This seems to be quite an interesting subject, but I am loathe to overtake Chicalita's thread. If you'd like to discuss further let me know and I'll split this off into the English forum as to exactly what the adjective "Latin" means (apart from the dead language of course).

Jaspen

United States - English
    Jmartins -

You oughta get a little less sensitive and more realistic. Already existing generalizations such as "Latin American", "Latin Languages", "Latin Culture" and whatnot cannot simply be dismissed because they are not 100% accurate. There is, in fact, a general tendancy by Latin men to be more forthcoming when they see a woman that attracts them. But that is not to say that every Latin man is even straight. Generalizations serve a purpose and the question posed by the original author of the blog is completely valid. Your sensitivity is what is rediculous and comical. Quit trying to confuse these generalizations with stereotypes so you can attempt accomplishing an agenda that has nothing to do with the question.

Lucyernaga

Panama, Spanish
    I guess Latin was the official language of the Roman Empire. It origined Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese. It characterizes, then in some way, these people. That's why, in my case I included Italians. I remember the word Gigoló, but I'm not sure if it fits to the Latin Lover.

Anyway, I don't know what purpose serves generalization, but it is a fact. All gringos don't love Disney, do they?

irisheyes0583

English (USA)
    Roi,

What I meant was that Lucyernaga had mentioned Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Italian as Romance languages... in fact, there are 5 major contemporary Romance languages, and so Romanian would be the 5th. Of course, there are many other "minor" (this is not my term, but the technical one!) languages/dialects (Catalan, for one). I was simply stating that people often forget to group Romanian in with S, F, P, & I as a major Romance language! ;)

chicalita said:
    So, are there truly regional/cultural differences in how men and women engage each other? Is flirting really the same everywhere or are the 'rules' different in different countries?
    Yes, I believe so, in the Philippines, the statistics are randomly distributed... that means... there are those that belong to the flirt "curve" and those that are not...

Women, are usually conservative, but there are those that are the "outliers".. those that belong outside the norm...

This is the same with men, but there are certain areas in which it is predominant... cities or urban areas in compare to rural or province... belief, upbringing and religious affiliations, for instance... but it also on how we perceived being flirtatious... is it on how they insinuate or suggests in verbal or actions... be it suggestive remarks.. or on how they dress...

And what does flirting means for me?... it depends if I'm conservative or liberated..

In the end, it's how we're raised, how we behave and accept or categorically accept behaviors... and different culture defines flirting in different levels, aspects or degrees.

Roi Marphille

Catalonia, Catalan.
    irisheyes0583 said:
    Roi,

What I meant was that Lucyernaga had mentioned Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Italian as Romance languages... in fact, there are 5 major contemporary Romance languages, and so Romanian would be the 5th. Of course, there are many other "minor" (this is not my term, but the technical one!) languages/dialects (Catalan, for one). I was simply stating that people often forget to group Romanian in with S, F, P, & I as a major Romance language! ;)
    well, sorry to go out of the topic but I would not rate a language spoken by more than 7 milion people and covering an influence area of more than 10 milion a minor language. Source here.
    But, I know what u mean. :thumbsup:

jmx

Spain / Spanish
    Chicalita said:
    ... how men from different Latin cultures regard, or engage in, flirting
    VenusEnvy said:
    Perhaps Latin/Hispanic/Spanish-speaking would appease you? Although, I would like to know why "Italians" were included in this bunch....? Maybe she's just trying to find out how those of the "Romance Languages" flirt.?
    Right, if Chicalita had mentioned other countries, maybe I wouldn't have answered. The only link that I can see between Italy and Mexico is that the majority tongues in those countries belong to the same family.

So perhaps Chicalita thinks that flirting is especially affected by the family of the language that you speak. For example, she may think that people from the USA, Austria and Jamaica have similar ways to flirt.

Or else, perhaps Chicalita thinks that mexicans and italians share some other thing that I don't know, and my best guess was that "common psychology". I probably assumed too much, but I'd like to know what exactly these countries have in common.

jmx

Spain / Spanish
    timpeac said:
    Hi Jmartins - this is definitely a very usual usage of the word "latin" - or at least it seems to so to me. This seems to be quite an interesting subject, but I am loathe to overtake Chicalita's thread.
    This is a very usual usage of the word "latin"... where ? Just ask any italian if they use the word with the same meaning.
    timpeac said:
    If you'd like to discuss further let me know and I'll split this off into the English forum as to exactly what the adjective "Latin" means (apart from the dead language of course).
    No thanks, it would soon get as repetitive as those "Hispanic" threads. And by the way, if you mean that Chicalita used the word latin in the "english" meaning of it, that looks like an alibi to me. Her question seemed to be addressed to speakers of other languages.

snowflakelaia

Catalan and Spanish
    My experience is that central and south american ppl are warmer people, their personal space (distance when speaking with someone) is almost non-existent, and also, the way the speak is in a way, sweeter (using diminutives,etc) which implies closeness.
    Mediterranean people are a bit similar, but they will not do as much physical contact and closeness (of course, it's a generalizations, and there are exceptions) as the ones from the other continent.
    Oh well, this is just my experience and opinion.

have a beautiful day.
    Laia

chicalita

English
    jmartins said:
    Right, if Chicalita had mentioned other countries, maybe I wouldn't have answered. The only link that I can see between Italy and Mexico is that the majority tongues in those countries belong to the same family.

So perhaps Chicalita thinks that flirting is especially affected by the family of the language that you speak. For example, she may think that people from the USA, Austria and Jamaica have similar ways to flirt.

Or else, perhaps Chicalita thinks that mexicans and italians share some other thing that I don't know, and my best guess was that "common psychology". I probably assumed too much, but I'd like to know what exactly these countries have in common.
    Obviously there's been a gross misunderstanding here, and at the risk of making matters worse I will say that I was very clear about what I was asking. You however, are not. You've incorrectly misinterpreted my comments, and are being unnecessarily aggresive, sarcastic, assumptive and argumentative. Traits I normally admire in a person but only if delivered with some humor.

Now, if you would like to ask nicely that I explain my comments, thoughts on the subject, opinions or even motives for asking, instead of pretending you know, I will be more than happy to do so.

As a personal comment to anyone else viewing this I would like to add that I'm in a particularly foul mood today so will apologize if anyone's been offended by my current remarks. And if anyone's been entertained please feel free to drop me a line to say so, as it may cheer me up to have amused someone.

And if anyone could answer the actual original questions I'd be really tickled :eek:

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    For the benefit of anyone who may wish to attempt answers to "the actual original questions", here they are again, unedited:

1. A.- how men from different Latin cultures regard, or B.- engage in, flirting.
    2. are there truly regional/cultural differences in how men and women engage each other?
    3. Is flirting really the same everywhere or are the 'rules' different in different countries?

My only observation is that these topics and questions are broad enough to keep armies of people busy attempting answers, without going off on tangents.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Now, if you would like to ask nicely that I explain my comments, thoughts on the subject, opinions or even motives for asking, instead of pretending you know, I will be more than happy to do so.
    Hello Chicalita,

In the interests of world peace, please define what you mean by "Latin cultures". That will help all concerned avoid wasting lots of time speculating.

If someone doesn't like or agree with your definition, they should open a thread on that topic, and have their say, leaving this thread for those who wish to address your questions.

regards,
    Cuchuflete

chicalita

English
    cuchuflete said:
    Hello Chicalita,

In the interests of world peace, please define what you mean by "Latin cultures". That will help all concerned avoid wasting lots of time speculating.
    Mainly referring to Spanish speaking. Italy because my understanding is that Italian is the closest to Spanish of all the latin-based languages (I could be way wrong about that) AND I can't imagine considering any aspect of flirting and not including Italian men. And I mean that as a compliment.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    All of the Spanish, French, and Portuguese speaking countries south of the Rio Grande river have a collective population of about 560 million people. Roughly one third of those are Portuguese speakers. You have, perhaps, omitted a lot of good flirting;)

irisheyes0583

English (USA)
    Well, I see that there have been some argument regarding this topic, but I'm just going to dive in and give my $.02 (however general they may be)!

I am American (USA) and I studied in both Costa Rica (age 16) and Brazil (age 17)... I'm sure being young did have to do with the kind of flirting that went on, which is why I mention my ages at the time. My very very general observations are the following (and please, I am not generalizing about "Latin" cultures as a whole, or even Costa Rica and Brazil as a whole, but simply sharing my teenage observations):

In Costa Rica, the absolute biggest "flirting" difference I encountered was the the men hissed at me as I walked by. In the USA, women are occasionally whistled at, but in CR, I was hissed (like the sound a snake makes) at by virtually every man I saw on the street. At first, I was thrown by this behavior & a little uncomfortable, but my tica "sister" explained to me that it was perfectly normal and not meant to be offensive. Beyond that, I found that Costa Rican men were very friendly to me, but also very respectful. There was none of the crude behavior (i.e. grabbing my butt) that often happens in US bars. Also, dancing was a very important form of flirtation, but I think most people already know that! Finally, I did have a tico boyfriend and I have to say that it was one of the best experiences ever! The difference between him & all the American boyfriend I had after him was enormous! I'm not sure how much had to do with cultural differences vs. personal differences, but he was much sweeter and gentler in the way he touched me, spoke to me (using diminutives & calling me "amor", "corazon", etc.), danced with me, etc. To generalize, I would say his flirting was much more romantic (more about love than about getting laid) than what I have since encountered in the USA. However, I do think this is in part due to the fact that Spanish, in general, is a more romantic and beautiful language.

In Brazil, I found the flirting to be a little more like in the USA than it had been in CR. I was not hissed at, although men did call out to me from the street. Men were more forward than I had previously encountered in the USA, but they were not pushy or rude. The Portuguese language is very similar to Spanish (I'm not sure if Italian is even more closely related to Spanish), but in my experience, it is not as "cute". The men did not use the diminutives quite as much and their word choices weren't quite as poetic as in Spanish, but Portuguese is still a very beautiful language. What men can't get away with saying in English (because it is crude and will not be met with good results), Brazilian men did say (and were met with a smile).

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, and I absolutely do not mean to offend anyone by making sweeping generalizations... I'm simply commenting on my own experiences.

JazzByChas

American English
    chicalita said:
    IMHO, men and women are the same all over the world. Flirting is flirting, and some men are exorbitant flirts, as well as some women. Limiting it to a nationality is not necessarily a good thing to do.

I've seen all sorts of flirts, and they know no nationality or culture exclusively.
    :p

chicalita

English
    JazzByChas said:
    IMHO, men and women are the same all over the world. Flirting is flirting, and some men are exorbitant flirts, as well as some women. Limiting it to a nationality is not necessarily a good thing to do.

I've seen all sorts of flirts, and they know no nationality or culture exclusively.
    :p

So you don't think that flirting 'styles' are diffeent in different areas? Or that in some cultures certain types of flirting are ok and others are taboo?

JazzByChas

American English
    chicalita said:
    So you don't think that flirting 'styles' are diffeent in different areas? Or that in some cultures certain types of flirting are ok and others are taboo?
    Well, flirting 'styles' may be different, according to the culture and the mores of that country, i.e. where certain types of behavior may or may not be deemed socially acceptable, but in the end, "there is nothing new under the sun" and flirting is flirting, in any style you choose.

Where you can get away with outlandish behavior, you will do outlandish flirting, and conversely, where only propriety is acceptable, you will not be able to do but only the most subtle flirting (if at all). A good example being very staunch Muslim countries.

In most Western countries, however, the amount and styles of flirting runs the gamut.

:idea: (food for thought, anyway)

vy222

English
    I was told that a guys in Argentina have many "amantes" even if they already have a girlfriend and that they constantly flirt with other girls. Wouldn't the girlfriend of a guy get extremely irratated?! or is it acceptable and just part of the culture?
    and since Argentinian guys (bueno, nearly all spanish-speaking men =P) are so charming and what we tend to see as flirting is in fact "normal" to them, how do you know when they are actually "flirting" with you? - like they really like you and not just being their charming self?

Lucyernaga

Panama, Spanish
    I guess you might know when you see the kind of commitment they're willing to make. For instance, telling someone "you are beautiful" doesn't mean "I want a date" or "let's be friends".

Lucyernaga

Panama, Spanish
    Sorry. I mean talking nice doesn't allways mean you're interested in someone. Some people just like to talk nice, telling nice things to people around. :p

I you come to Panama, you'll probably shock when people address you like "mi amor" (my love) or "mi vida" (my life) whithout knowing you at all. With a simple phone call to any place you can get a tender answer like: "Yes darling, you can come to our store and you'll get you whatever you want".

Ohhhh....sounds good isn't it? And still they are just answering to your question "Do you have aspirins there?".:cool:

don maico

UK
    UK English /Spanish
    British men flirt by getting drunk first and then attempting a rugby tackle:D That was how I met my wife

Tatzingo

English, UK
    Sorry. I mean talking nice doesn't allways mean you're interested in someone. Some people just like to talk nice, telling nice things to people around. :p

I agree with this but talking nice to EVERYONE you meet? surely that could be confusing at times! How do they interpret whether you are just a nice person, just being friendly or seeking romance? Giving compliments is one thing but a high quantity of compliments directed at a specific person might make them think that you want more than friendship!

I you come to Panama, you'll probably shock when people address you like "mi amor" (my love) or "mi vida" (my life) whithout knowing you at all. With a simple phone call to any place you can get a tender answer like: "Yes darling, you can come to our store and you'll get you whatever you want".

Yes, we have that over in the UK too. Bus drivers, civil servants, many people in fact will address you as "love" even though it's the first time that you're speaking with them.

Ohhhh....sounds good isn't it? And still they are just answering to your question "Do you have aspirins there?".:cool:
    Tatz.

Lucyernaga

Panama, Spanish
    Yes, you can get confused. You can leave a ministry all in love with the whole civil servants association. And worst: when you feel to begin with the same nice talking, then you find someone with the sexual harrassment law in her/his hand. I definitively agree this is very confusing. But this is my country!!!:eek:

Yes, you can get confused. You can leave a ministry all in love with the whole civil servants association. And worst: when you feel to begin with the same nice talking, then you find someone with the sexual harrassment law in her/his hand. I definitively agree this is very confusing. But this is my country!!!:eek:
    Do not be too upset, Lucyernaga! You haven`t evidently been to Russia as yet. There is a peculiar mentality here which really beats me. If a Russian man is fond of you , he`ll take pleasure in telling you all sorts of nasty things, trying to humiliate you in any way possible. After that he expects you to like him!! I wonder, if a woman is all what he calls her (often in a really bad language), why does he have to take the trouble telling her all that? And it is still far worse in the North Caucasus. But Russian women seem to like it!! And often do the same with their beloved ones. This is really a bit unique, come to think of it. Oriental men often pour compliments on you which do sound rather insincere and 'twee', but at least you know, they aspire to be liked. The Russian way is a national know-how, evidently:D They are a bit like little boys who push girls and grab them by their plaits as a sign of affection

gigizac

American English, USA
    Chicalita,

I found your question totally valid.

Jmartin's I found your reply totally "offensive". Why would anybody be offended when referring to Italians and Mexicans in the same sentence? Which nationality is not worthy of being mentioned with which? I in no way find it offensive (I'm Mexican) and wonder if there are any Italian members who would like to enlighten me.

unefemme1

English, New Zealand
    Well, here in New Zealand, from my own experience, if the guys have been flirting, they sure have a funny way of showing it o_O. I'm just a teen, nearing 20, so obviously it would differ for different ages. Also, dancing isn't a national focus, rugby is, so that kind of shows you just the type of guys we have here. So you can forget about children taught salsa or any other latin dances at an early age here, sadly. Perhaps this thread should be broadened to include the "romantic languages", eg Spanish, Italian, French...?

jmx

Spain / Spanish
    Jmartin's I found your reply totally "offensive". Why would anybody be offended when referring to Italians and Mexicans in the same sentence? Which nationality is not worthy of being mentioned with which? I in no way find it offensive (I'm Mexican) and wonder if there are any Italian members who would like to enlighten me.
    I didn't want to interfere in this thread again, but now it's unavoidable. ;-)

If you reread my post #3, what I intended to say was :

1) That lumping together all people that speak Romance languages for 'sociological' purposes is, in my opinion, too loose to be of much or any usefulness.

2) That maybe the thread starter was thinking about a certain stereotype of 'latin lover', that I particularly hate. In post #4 you can see that I wasn't the only one associating the thread with 'latin lovers'.

I'm sorry if you thought that I was trying to distance myself from our 'poor relatives' beyond the Atlantic. That wasn't my intention, though I must admit that many people in Spain try to do that.

GenJen54

USA - English
    Moderator Note: This thread seems to be flirting with its extinction if we cannot get back on the topic of how flirting varies in different countries / cultures. The early posters seemed to have understood this idea. More recent posters have not.

Please stick to the thread topic, or we'll all have to kiss this one goodbye!

MarieC

English, Filipino-Philippines
    Well, here in New Zealand, from my own experience, if the guys have been flirting, they sure have a funny way of showing it o_O. I'm just a teen, nearing 20, so obviously it would differ for different ages. Also, dancing isn't a national focus, rugby is, so that kind of shows you just the type of guys we have here. So you can forget about children taught salsa or any other latin dances at an early age here, sadly. Perhaps this thread should be broadened to include the "romantic languages", eg Spanish, Italian, French...?
    My boyfriend, an amazing guy, is a New Zealander. Although he's not into rugby as most Kiwi men are, he doesn't dance! I dance salsa and merengue and used to dance almost every night for 6 hours straight when I was dating a Guatemalan guy and I would be lying if I were to say that I don't miss dancing.

Having dated Hispanic men before, I'd have to say that they're pretty good at flirting. They know how to make cariño. From my personal experience, however, I find a lot of them to be (well, the ones I've dated, anyway) mujeriegos. The frustrating part is that they don't seem to see anything wrong with cheating! (Pero, mi cielo...) I'm sure not all Hispanic men think that way, but, as for me, I've found the perfect guy in my non-salsa dancing Kiwi guy. Heh.

Laztana

Spain, Spanish and Basque
    This post was the begining of a new thread. I merged it to this older one, seeing that the topics are a bit similar. Please try to avoid stereotypes and clichés as much as you can, so as to not get this thread closed.
    Thanks

Hi everyone,
    Whenever I travel around and I mention something about Spanish men, people would automatically think of them as "latin lovers" :D. The funny thing is that I haven't met any of those yet (and even funnier is that I don't think I would particularly like to meet a man like that :p). I've been wondering about this issue for some time now and since latin lovers don't exist in Spain (correct me if I'm wrong, though), do they exist somewhere else in the planet, apart from movies and such? or is it just a stereotype? and what do people think in your country a latin lover is? Here it would be a suntanned man, pretty fit with very dark eyes and a "Casanova" ;).
    Thanks in advance for your answers

IrishStar

Italian
    Hello Laztana,

To be honest with you I know some Italian Latin lovers, because they are suntanned, handsome and act like Casanova (sciupafemmine in Italian). Sometimes they also have dark eyes and they are fit...
    Now, I don't know any Spanish like that and I know a few of them ;)
    When I was in college, I often thought of the Spanish man as "caliente" and I thought that every Spanish looked more or less like Antonio Banderas. But I got quite disappointed when I saw them in real life, ihihih
    As for the Italians, they think they are cool, I mean the latin lover ones, but they are just boring and I much prefer someone less tanned with more culture and brain...I think those are the real Casanova :)

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    There is a fun, and very long (no surprise!) thread about names for such people
    in the English Only forum.

men

It's from November, 2004, but I suspect things haven't changed much since then.

Edit: Things HAVE changed. There was an extraordinary amount of chat back then.

Laztana

Yeah Alexacohen, to me a "latin lover" is maybe more related to Italy than to Spain but I've been asked about this issue (Spanish men as latin lovers) when I've been abroad, so that's why I'm asking here.
    Thanks for your answer :)

ayupshiplad

Scotland, English
    Hmm, well I think they do exist, though no-one will admit to being them! According to my Portuguese friend (who, obviously, is not a latin-lover himself!) it's the South Americans that are the 'latin-lovers'. Personally, my idea of a 'latin-lover' is a very sleazy man that will hit on anything just to get laid, though particularly foreigners that are 'easy'. It's quite a negative thing! From that point of view, I would have to say Spain is probably the worst for that in western Europe...sorry! Obviously it's a stereotype, but one that a lot of people hold to be true! In fact, there's a Bolivian in my French class and my teacher refers to him as 'The Latin-Lover'!

IrishStar

Italian
    It's quite amusing to find out what you think of latin lovers, because in Italian it doesn't have a negative meaning at all! It's more a handsome guy who is very successful with women and easily breaks their hearts! I wonder, is this just your opinion or is it like that for any English native?

Laztana

That advert is funny!!
    It's quite amusing to find out what you think of latin lovers, because in Italian it doesn't have a negative meaning at all! It's more a handsome guy who is very successful with women and easily breaks their hearts! I wonder, is this just your opinion or is it like that for any English native?
    Oh! I didn't know that, I would say that a Latin lover is not a very good thing in Spain. Any of my friends would feel embarrased if someone called them latin lovers.

saludos :)

IrishStar

Italian
    Oh! I didn't know that, I would say that a Latin lover is not a very good thing in Spain. Any of my friends would feel embarrased if someone called them latin lovers.

saludos :)
    Oh really? Well, I think in Italy if they are calling you latin lover, they are just making fun of you, hence you wouldn't be happy to be called so. But, ideally, the word in itself is not an offence. For example Rodolfo Valentino was a latin lover and nobody would laugh at him.

Saludos!

< Previous | Next >