Floor personnel

Nadietta

Italy/Italian
Hallo everybody!

Can you help me with the translation of the phrase "floor personnel" into ITALIAN, I have looked up on the dictionary and on the Internet as well, but I couldn't find it!

Thank u very much in advance!
Nadietta

• Silvia

Italian
    Nadietta, per una diversa traduzione, sarebbe necessario conoscere l'intera frase o paragrafo. Il contesto è importante. Ho la vaga sensazione che potrebbe avere a che fare con una terminologia economica, ma non mi pronuncio.

Dimmi di più.

Ciao!

Nadietta

Italy/Italian
    Ciao, Silvia!

La frase da tradurre (in ritardo!) era " What is the principal method of compensation for factory floor personel?"

Se hai suggerimenti, many thanks in advance!

Buona giornata,
    nadietta

Silvia

Italian
    Per me si potrebbe tradurre come 'mano d'opera operaia'.

But let's wait for some native English speaker to define the 'factory floor personnel'.

Nadietta

Italy/Italian
    ....I am prone to think it's more a position having to do with "vendite", sales, since a "floor manager" is someone dealing with sales. What do English nativespeakers think "factory floor personnel" is?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Silvia

Italian
    I suggest you should ask for that definition in the English Only Forum. As soon as we understand what it is, we'll be able to translate it! ;)

badger

Ireland, English speaker
    silviap said:
    I suggest you should ask for that definition in the English Only Forum. As soon as we understand what it is, we'll be able to translate it! ;)

Hi Everybody

The "factory floor" means exactly that, the floor of the factory where all the machinery is placed and where all the production takes place.

So "factory floor" personnel
    =
    production workers,
    people who work on assembly lines,
    the main workforce.
    people who work on the factory floor.
    all the people who are engaged in putting together the factorys product.

Take your pick.

Hope this helps.

Bad :)