flop the pages

< Previous | Next >

Miyazakehime

Mandarin Chinese
Hello,everyone!

The rights to Naoko Takeuchi's original Sailor Moon manga were snatched up by a company called Mixx, who ran it in their new manga anthology magazine, Mixxzine, in 1998. Yep, this was right when anime fandom was starting to explode and interest in Sailor Moon was at a fever pitch. In other words, it was practically a license to print money. So what did Mixx do? They flopped the pages, which was still standard at the time, so we'll give ‘em a pass on that. << Excessive quotation deleted. >>

I found this in a article telling how the cartoon Sailor Moon developed in a foreign market ,but what does this phrase mean ?Please tell me anything about "flop pages".

If you need more context,you could jump to this page
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/2012-07-15#VepMqcKTmCY3kDo6.99
the forth paragraph above the forth picture
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The phrase is in the fifth line of the ninth paragraph...

"to flop the pages" is describing the method of animation; Originally, each frame of animation was drawn by hand and subsequent pages would have slight differences, such that when you flicked through a book of these drawings, the characters appeared to move.

Today computers do the hard work more quickly and far more cheaply.

Miyazakehime

Mandarin Chinese
    Sorry for telling the wrong position of the phrase.:p
    But I guess Mixx is printing comic books not making cartoons according to the context.:confused:

< Previous | Next >