Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Porteño, Jun 29, 2013.

  1. Porteño Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    British English
    Good morning everyone,

    I have just come across this word and have been unable to find it on the Internet or in any translation forum and have to assume that it has been spelled wrongly. Nevertheless I wonder whether someone might have a clue. The complete phrase is:

    'hidrocarbono florinado' and it relates to a coolant for air-conditioning and is with reference to a liquid gas known as HC12A.

  2. rodelu2 Senior Member

    Punta Fría, R.O. del U.
    Fluorinated hydrocarbon. The name in Spanish is "hidrocarburo fluorado".
  3. Porteño Senior Member

    Buenos Aires
    British English
    Many thanks. Actually, I had already guessed that and confirmed it on the Internet.:) Unfortunately this text is riddled with mistakes like this and some do not always spring to mind!

Share This Page