Flour & honey

hossein31

Persian
What do you get from these lines of a poem by Neruda

Loving is a journey with water and with stars,
With smothered air and abrupt storms of flour:
Loving is a clash of lightning bolts,
And two bodies defeated by a single drop of honey

Also do you know what "honey" and " Flour" stands for?

• Sallyb36

British UK
    a clash of lightening bolts and 2 bodies defeated...I think means that the storminess and differences between two people are defeated/broken down by the honey/in love feeling.
    Does that make any sense at all?

Sakuraita_

Español, Chile
    I think that Neruda is making the comparison with the tiredness that the lovers feel when they make love... they are helpless and, over all, very, very tired.

Alxmrphi

UK English
    a clash of lightening bolts and 2 bodies defeated...I think means that the storminess and differences between two people are defeated/broken down by the honey/in love feeling.
    lol not to me at all! Then again I went to Gateacre, it's pretty bad for English (I notice you're also from Liverpool.)

It makes perfect sense to me...

Their bodies are 2 lightening bolts, each fierce and strong and emotional and they are constantly fighting and resisting each other. Their bodies are defeated by the honey--the ounce of sweetness they cannot resist.

I'm not sure about the flour part...

< Previous | Next >