Flush Mount

Arba

Italy-Italian
Hi There,
I am making some research on the difference between "Flush mount albums" and "digital books".

Is there anybody that can explain me what the expression "Flush Mount" means when we talk about photographic albums?

I have not been able to find this expression neither in dictionaries, nor in the internet.

What I need to know is whether it means:

a) photos glued on a pre existing album
b) photos bound together to create a book (the book was not exising before)

Any explanation is appreciate.
Thanks C

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Hi There,
    I am making some research on the difference between "Flush mount albums" and "digital books".

Is there anybody that can explain me what the expression "Flush Mount" means when we talk about photographic albums?

I have not been able to find this expression neither in dictionaries, nor in the internet.

What I need to know is whether it means:

a) photos glued on a pre existing album
    b) photos bound together to create a book (the book was not exising before)

Any explanation is appreciate.
    Thanks C
    Try this:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00JOh9

I refer to a Flush-Mount allbum as an album in which the images are printed on an actual photograph and that photograph encompasses an entire page. Typically, the photograph is mounted to a hard plastic page which is stiff and does not bend.

Arba

Italy-Italian
    Hi Thomas,
    as usual, thanks for your reply.

I made that question because most of the Flush Mount albums I found in internet were pre-existing albums and the photographic prints were glued on the pages as full bleeds (with a 2mm gutter down the seam); instead one was described as a Flush Mount album, but the photographs were glued as full bleeds on a double page spread (it looked like a coffee table book/digital book).

My doubts are now cleared out.

C.

< Previous | Next >