Folder in the air

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
Can you help me folder this blanket in the air because the floor is dirty?

Is my usage of "in the air" correct? Thank you.

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    It's not actually incorrect, but seems pretty unusual. It should be "fold", of course, not "folder",
    Can you help me fold this blanket? I don't want it to touch the dirty floor.

The way you say this suggests that it is your normal practice to put your blankets and sheets on the floor in order to to fold them (when the floor is clean, of course). Am I reading that correctly? The idea is that you don't need an assistant then.
    It never occurred to me to use the floor for that. Even without a helper, I always fold my things "in the air". But maybe the result isn't as neat as yours. :)

jokaec

Chinese - Hong Kong
    It's not actually incorrect, but seems pretty unusual. It should be "fold", of course, not "folder",
    Can you help me fold this blanket? I don't want it to touch the dirty floor.

The way you say this suggests that it is your normal practice to put your blankets and sheets on the floor in order to to fold them (when the floor is clean, of course). Am I reading that correctly? The idea is that you don't need an assistant then.
    It never occurred to me to use the floor for that. Even without a helper, I always fold my things "in the air". But maybe the result isn't as neat as yours. :)
    Thank you Edinburgher.
    A typo, "fold" rather than "folder".

< Previous | Next >