< Previous | Next >


New Member
Con la fononímia se asigna un gesto de la mano con el nombre y sonido de la nota.

I understand what this is, but is there an accepted translation for 'fononímia' in English? I've seen it referred to as "solfege hand signs" or "manual signs of tone," but is there a better translation? Why is there a word in Spanish but not in English? It seems that the system was developed by an English folks, Sarah Glover and John Curwen.
  • < Previous | Next >