Food prank vocabulary

anan9

Vietnamese - Vietnam
Three weeks ago we bought our teacher an ice-cream and some of students was laughing at that time. And then he asked us "Is it ...?" which I can't remember but it basically means that spoiled food/ food that you bite a bit of it to prank people. Do you know which word in "..." is? Thanks in advance!

• ain'ttranslationfun?

US English
    "Is this a practical joke?" Context is important: Do you like your teacher? Was it a prank? Is he a bit paranoid? (P.S., "...some of the students were...") "Spoiled food" is food that is no longer fit to eat; had that been the case, he would have detected it as soon as he smelled it. I can't think of a word for, e.g., an ice cream cone that someone else has already licked (a missing bite would be too obvious). - He'd've been more likely to ask "What's so funny?", though (in my opinion).

anan9

Vietnamese - Vietnam
    "Is this a practical joke?" Context is important: Do you like your teacher? Was it a prank? Is he a bit paranoid? (P.S., "...some of the students were...") "Spoiled food" is food that is no longer fit to eat; had that been the case, he would have detected it as soon as he smelled it. I can't think of a word for, e.g., an ice cream cone that someone else has already licked (a missing bite would be too obvious). - He'd've been more likely to ask "What's so funny?", though (in my opinion).
    they laughed not because of the ice-cream, we like him a lot. And "spoiled" here was used incorrectly, I'm sorry if it confused you

heypresto

English - England
    To echo ewie and Loob above, why don't you ask the teacher in question? Or your classmates?

We could go on for ages offering guesses, but a) we don't make lists here, and b) they will only ever be guesses.

< Previous | Next >