foosball, table soccer, table football

Discussion in 'Dictionary Additions' started by Biffo, Oct 22, 2012.

  1. Biffo Senior Member

    English - England
    I was surprised to see the word 'foosball' in another thread #3. I had never heard it before. It is not in the Wordreference dictionary.

    Definition of
    : a table game resembling soccer in which the ball is moved by manipulating rods to which small figures of players are attached —called also table soccer

    Note that in British English this game is called "Table Football" or occasionally "Table-top Football"

    There is no question here. I have included the terms because none of them appear to be in the WR dictionary.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. MarcB Senior Member

    US English a link to the american foosball association. Biffo I have never hear table soccer in the US only foosball. I can figure out what it is of course.

Share This Page