Footprint - in business context

lalakuku

Slovene
Hi all,

what does footprint mean in this sentence, i.e. what synonym would you use for it:

"We will also within our footprint recognize factory capabilities."

It's an article about restructuring companies.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Lalakuku

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    That sentence seems to be, at best, poorly written. I know several meanings of "footprint" that are used in the context of business or industrial operations.

Offhand, I'd say that "footprint" describes the scope or range of operations, but the sentence is too confusing to allow me to figure out the intended meaning. Can you provide more context?

lalakuku

Slovene
    Yes, the article (a Powerpoint presentation) is indeed poorly written, although the author is English. It's about downsizing tobacco plants and restructuring them, so he talks about optimization and so on. The previous sentence is about using production machines to their best potential. This "footprint" sentence is just the next item on the list, not really related to anything.

I was thinking in the same direction as you, but I wanted to check with someone out there, so tnx :)

bibliolept

AE, Español
    That first sentence is English only in that it is comprised of English words--though they are combined so poorly that I would not in any way consider it an English sentence.

Furthermore, if that sentence is to any degree representative of the rest of the presentation, you have my sympathies. It must be a nigh incomprehensible mishmash.

lalakuku

Slovene
    Haha, tnx :) A presentation for the tobacco industry, what can you do. Took me a while to get used to his weird writing, but I'll get through it.. I hope!

< Previous | Next >