For a fee vs payment zone

lzarzalejo73

Spanish
Hello. I am translating a few lines about Granada, Spain, its historical fountains, cisterns, etc., and I am quite lost when it comes to expressing those spaces, in the fortress of the Alhambra, where visitors have to pay to get access. Here is the sentence: "Other fountains were built inside the fortress to keep them safe from being destroyed in their original location, such as the buildings, the houses which were being demolished. There are about a dozen fountains to be seen in the free-of-charge access zone, as well as some in the payment zone." I wondered if this sentence is correct.
Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

• owlman5

English-US
    There are about a dozen fountains to be seen in the free-of-charge access zone, as well as some in the payment zone." I wondered if this sentence is correct.
    The sentence makes sense, but the phrasing is fairly awkward. If I were the writer, I would look for a smoother way to express the idea.

lzarzalejo73

Spanish
    Thank you, owlman5. Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary skill to improve, to change the phrasing, and I guess you cannot exert as a proofreader. What a shame! Thanks all the same. All I can think of is changing "zone" to section", although that is not rephrasing. "There are about a dozen fountains to be seen in the free-of-charge access section, as well as some in the payment section." But thank you again for your advice.

Myridon

English - US
    The payment section sounds to me like the place where you do the paying, e.g. the ticket window.
    I suggest the "free access section" and the "paid access section."