For a special affinity and link to the past

Mariahhj

Persian
During childhood, sisters and brothers are a major part of each other’s lives, for better or for worse. As adults they may drift apart as they become involve in their own careers. But in later life, with retirement, brothers and sisters often turn back to each other for a special affinity and link to the past.

•I have a question about my thread’s title, Does it mean that they come back together because of the family relationship and the memoirs that they had together??

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    During childhood, sisters and brothers are a major part of each other’s lives, for better or for worse. As adults they may drift apart as they become involve in their own careers. But in later life, with retirement, brothers and sisters often turn back to each other for a special affinity and link to the past.

•I have a question about my thread’s title, Does it mean that they come back together because of the family relationship and the memoirs that they had together??
    Not quite. It means that their propinquity and the way they were brought up together gives them a special appeal for each other.

In this and in your other recent thread, Mariahhj, you ask us to comment on the title of your thread. Forgive me for pointing out that it helps us when the sentence you wish us to examine is in the opening post.:)

Mariahhj

Persian
    Not quite. It means that their propinquity and the way they were brought up together gives them a special appeal for each other.

In this and in your other recent thread, Mariahhj, you ask us to comment on the title of your thread. Forgive me for pointing out that it helps us when the sentence you wish us to examine is in the opening post.:)
    Thank you for your consideration.
    I’m a new memeber and I’m trying to obey rules, and I didn’t understand what do you mean by saying “opening post” ;)

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Thank you for your consideration.
    I’m a new memeber and I’m trying to obey rules, and I didn’t understand what do you mean by saying “opening post” ;)
    It means the first post in the thread, the post with which you start the thread and explain your question.

We refer to it quite often, inevitably, and we sometimes refer to it as the OP, to avoid having to write it out in full.:)

I hope you find you enjoy coming here to ask us about any difficulties of language you are facing. It's important to keep the rules, but don't let them put you off starting a thread.

You did very well in this one, I think, apart from not putting the title quotation in the OP.

< Previous | Next >