...for an offspring knew how I felt...

Eichie

Portuguese
To be honest, I'm not sure I have understood a single thing of the italic phrase.

"This one time I caught Thor doing something he shouldn’t have. Because I am Norse God, I did not hold back in making sure the sniveling excuse for an offspring knew how I felt. Did you know that there are over 300 words for “unworthy” in Asgardian? And that counseling is unworthy of a Norse warrior?"

Source

[Edited by Cagey, moderator to add name of source:

Medium.com, an article titled: The Top Three Things All-Seeing Fathers Do To Raise Successful Heirs
Subtitled: Parenting tips from Odin, Son of Bor, King of Asgard and Protector of the Nine Realms ]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • entangledbank

English - South-East England
    An '(adjective) excuse for an offspring' is a very bad example of an offspring. It's a quite general expression: a miserable excuse for a hammer is a bad hammer. Imagine saying, 'Sorry, I haven't got a proper hammer/offspring/whatever, all I've got is this.' You're making an excuse for it.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Because I am Norse God,
    I did not hold back = I was unrestrained; I was very frank
    in making sure = during the process of ensuring [that]
    the sniveling excuse for an offspring = my son, (who should not be considered as an offspring but as a very poor substitute for an offspring),
    knew
    how I felt.
    = what my opinion was.

< Previous | Next >