for late january

fermin2

Spanish
Hello, can you please tell me if my sentence below sounds natural:

-Remember you have a doctor's appointment for late january.

This person talking doesn't know when exactly the appointment is due, but He's reminding his daughter that it's going to be near the end of january, but can't remember when.

Should I leave it as it is or try the following: in late january, around the end of january or by late january.. Are these three also valid?

• Loob

English UK
    Hi fermin

"For late January" looks fine to me - provided you capitalise 'January';).

"In late January" and "around the end of January" would also work - though "by late January" would sound a bit strange in this context (it would work in other contexts:)).

loghrat

British English / Danish
    Hello, can you please tell me if my sentence below sounds natural:

-Remember you have a doctor's appointment for late january.

This person talking doesn't know when exactly the appointment is due, but He's reminding his daughter that it's going to be near the end of january, but can't remember when.

Should I leave it as it is or try the following: in late january, around the end of january or by late january.. Are these three also valid?
    I agree with Loob, 'in' or 'for' are fine. But 'around the end of January' suggests to me 'late January/early February', and 'by' suggests 'before' (you have to return the library books by ​the due date).

< Previous | Next >