for the adaptation?

bernar3

Spanish, Spain

Hello,

Would you use "for the adaptation" in this context?

Considering the application submitted by XXX for the adaptation to the new public health regulation applicable to the animal by-products not intended for human consumption.

Thank you!!

• Matching Mole

England, English
    It doesn't seem to make sense that an "application" would be submitted for "adaptation". What do you mean by "application". Also this appears not to be a complete sentence. I would suggest that two instances of "the" be removed as follows, but I think you need to define the terms I have just mentioned in order to get a complete answer, and perhaps explain how this is a sentence, or why it doesn't need to be.

Considering the application submitted by XXX for the adaptation to the new public health regulation applicable to the animal by-products not intended for human consumption.

bernar3

Spanish, Spain
    I did not think of it but you might be right. Instead of application what about request?

Thank you very much!

AWordLover

USA English
    Hi,

Substituting request, will not turn this sentence fragment into a sentence.
    It may help if you could write two or three short sentences explaining what your long sentence should mean. It is possible that adaption (meaning modification or change) should be adoption, but even then there would be other problems with the sentence. That is why MM and I are asking for clarification.

palomnik

English
    I may be guessing here, but if I understand your meaning you may want to rewrite the sentence to say "Considering the application submitted by XXX to conform to the new public health regulation..."

English in general tends to use verbal nouns in situations where Spanish would use a regular noun. Just a syntactical difference between the languages that you have to be on your toes about.

< Previous | Next >