for the ones who live in the camps on barefoot

< Previous | Next >

ortak

Turkish
For the ones who live in the camps on barefoot, another tough life-struggle is waiting.

or

Another tough life-struggle is waiting for the ones who live in the camps on barefoot,

Hello friends,
I just wonder is my first sentence (inverted one) understandable and is it okay to use an inverted sentence to deliver any message?
Thanks in advance.

• Copyright

American English
    The term is barefoot, without the "on." And I don't think a tough life is waiting for them if they're already in the camp and living it.

Perhaps you can explain the situation better.

ortak

Turkish
    The term is barefoot, without the "on." And I don't think a tough life is waiting for them if they're already in the camp and living it.

Perhaps you can explain the situation better.
    Yes, it does because the conditions are very bad in the camp.

ortak

Turkish
    Another tough life-struggle is waiting in the future for the ones who live in the camps barefoot.

I think it is more understandable now.

Copyright

American English
    You still have the same problem – not living there yet in the beginning of your sentence and living there in the second half of your sentence. (You can add "now" at the end of the sentence to see what I mean.) That's why we need an expiation of the situation rather than a rewrite.

ortak

Turkish
    Another tough life-struggle is waiting now for the ones who live in the camps barefoot. (Is it better now?)

Okay,there are people who forced to leave their country and live in some refugee camps. Here, a difficult life struggle is waiting for them because of
    inhuman conditions in the camps.

Last edited:

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I should imagine at all struggles are "life" struggles (a strange adjective in this context) -> I would omit "life" or say "Another tough real-life struggle is..." or "Another tough struggle for life is..."

Copyright

American English
    You still have the problem, so let me just put them in the camps for you:
    Every day is a struggle for the people living barefoot in the camps.

You're making a pretty big deal out of barefoot by singling that factor out – it seems to overshadow all the other hardships they must be facing every day.

< Previous | Next >