(For) three months after

< Previous | Next >

mery smith

chinese
Hi, all.
I wonder if there is difference between the two sentences below. (both from myself)
1.For three months after the final operation, I was in a wheelchair.
2.Three months after the final operation, I was in a wheelchair.
Thank you.

• Cos Miami

Spanish - Spain
    1. Sounds correct. Sounds like a complete statement, meaning that you were in a wheelchair 3 months after that operation/surgery and not anymore after those 3 months.
    2. Sounds incomplete. Sounds like "... I was STILL in a wheelchair" and that the story keeps going after that.

mery smith

chinese
    1. Sounds correct. Sounds like a complete statement, meaning that you were in a wheelchair 3 months after that operation/surgery and not anymore after those 3 months.
    2. Sounds incomplete. Sounds like "... I was STILL in a wheelchair" and that the story keeps going after that.
    If I want to express "not until three months after the final operation was I able to sit in a wheelchair.(I mean I had to be in bed all the time before)", what should I write a right sentence?

mery smith

chinese
    I couldn't sit in a wheelchair until 3 months after the operation
    I am afraid that I didn't make myself understood. I mean how to edit the sentence "For three months after the final operation, I was in a wheelchair." to express "I couldn't sit in a wheelchair until 3 months after the operation".

Cos Miami

Spanish - Spain
    I am afraid that I didn't make myself understood. I mean how to edit the sentence "For three months after the final operation, I was in a wheelchair." to express "I couldn't sit in a wheelchair until 3 months after the operation".
    Okay, let's try this: "For three months after the final operation, I couldn't be in a wheelchair."

< Previous | Next >