Foremost among them wil be climate change, leading~altered~

< Previous | Next >

jjshin

korean
Foremost among them will be climate change, leading to a sea level rise, altered weather patterns, declines in fresh water, and loss of biodiversity.

there are 4 verbs: be, leading, alter, decline.
I am confused what these verb's subject is so I divided.

1. Foremost among them will be climate change and the climate change leads to a sea level rise.
2. the climate change altered weather patterns
3. the climate change declines in fresh water
4. Foremost among them will be claimate change, leading to a sea level rise and loss of biodiversity.

Are they right?
This sentence is complicate.
This sentence is from AP radio News.

Thanks in advance.

• cyberpedant

English USA, Northeast, NYC
    Foremost among them will be climate change, leading to a sea level rise, altered weather patterns, declines in fresh water, and loss of biodiversity.

there are 4 verbs: be, leading, alter, decline.:cross: The only true verb here is "be," whose subject is "change," modified by "climate."

I am confused what these verb's subject is so I divided.

1. Foremost among them will be climate change and the climate change leads to a sea level rise.:tick:
    2. the climate change altered weather patterns :cross:
    3. the climate change declines in fresh water:cross:
    4. Foremost among them will be claimate change, leading to a sea level rise and loss of biodiversity.
    "Altered" is a gerundive, a verbal adjective modifying "patterns."
    "Declines" is a noun (note the "s", denoting plural), functioning as verbal complement, modified by "in fresh water."

jjshin

korean
    Ok if so,
    Climate change will be foremost among them and climate change leads to (a sea level rise and altered weather patterns and declines in fresh water and loss of biodibersity)

(~and~and~and~) belongs to leads to.

I hope this tim is right.

< Previous | Next >