Forever Three Kings

Blackie66

English
Can someone please help with the translation of Forever Three Kings...
I have been to a couple of websites and they come back with" Per Sempre Tre Re."
I am not sure if this is right or not. I am a father of three sons and want to get that saying tattooed on my arm as a reference to the three kings & Jesus.
Is the term different when spoken to the way it is written as I can't figure out how Kings plural is Re..

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• CPA

British English/Italian - bilingual
    Hi Blackie, welcome to WR!

The word "re" doesn't change in the plural: un re, due re, tre re. ;)

Blackie66

English
    The meaning is biblical.. I am then having three crowns representing my sons. Google The three kings and you can read the story. Bottom line is they are my shining light. Thanks

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    Yes, I know who the Three Kings are, of course, I was mainly referring to the word forever in your sentence, where a verb is obviously understood...

joanvillafane

U.S. English
    Blackie - I'm a native English speaker and I concur with Necsus that the meaning of your English phrase is not very clear. I know we use the word "forever" to link names in a romantic way, but the word "forever" usually comes at the end. Bobby and Jane forever - in a heart carved into a tree trunk - something like that. I don't know if "per sempre" has the same connotation in Italian and if it's better at the beginning or end of the phrase.

Nexie? Italian natives???

Blackie66

English
    I understand what you both are saying.I just want the saying to be in that order. It just has a more powerful statement for me this way. Does it work this way??

< Previous | Next >