formalizzata da rapporti istituzionali

< Previous | Next >

Murphy

English, UK
On a CV:
Svolgimento di attività di ricerca, formalizzata da rapporti istituzionali, presso soggetti pubblici statali italiani.

There follows a list of research positions, for the majority of which there is a contract a tempo determinato. I'm a bit confused: does "formalizzata da rapporti istituzionali" mean "on an official contract" or is it a more general expression like "relationship"?

Many thanks

• Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    On a CV:
    Svolgimento di attività di ricerca, formalizzata da rapporti istituzionali, presso soggetti pubblici statali italiani.

There follows a list of research positions, for the majority of which there is a contract a tempo determinato. I'm a bit confused: does "formalizzata da rapporti istituzionali" mean "on an official contract":tick: in other words"under official/regular(?) agreement" or is it a more general expression like "relationship"?

Many thanks

Anja.Ann

Italian
    Ciao Murphy e ciao Lorena :)

Hope not to be a pain :eek:... but to me "rapporto" means "legame" "relazione" here: "... formalized in terms of relationship".

Of course, this relationship is then defined by means of contracts and agreements, but I don't think I'd translate "rapporto" as "agreement" here.

Just an idea :)

Murphy

English, UK
    Unfortunately, it's all a bit too flowery and doesn't sound good in English. What if I just put "Official/formal research activity at Italian state public schools"?

Frankly, even the use of both "state" and "public" sounds repetitive in English....:(

What do you both think?

Anja.Ann

Italian
    Yes, Murphy, I see your point :)

I'll give it a try: "Conducting research activities, whose development, formalized by institutional relationships, is carried out at government entities’ sites."

I'm sure you can properly "adjust" it :)

Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    On a CV:

There follows a list of research positions, for the majority of which there is a contract a tempo determinato.

Many thanks
    Dato che il contesto è un CURRICULUM, che viene letto velocemente e deve impressionare in MODO CHIARO, io eviterei approfondimenti troppo specifici e "burocratichesi". Il senso da comunicare (dato che ho fatto lo stesso tipo di esperienze...) a un lettore straniero è che si è svolta attività di ricerca formalizzata da /formalmente riconosciuta da un contratto (uner agreement/on contract...quello che é!) nell'ambito istituzionale (ovvero per conto e/o in nome di soggetti pubblici statali:scuole, università, ministeri etc.).

My 2 cents

Last edited:

Murphy

English, UK
    Yes, Lorena, you are absolutely right; when it comes to CVs, the more concise the better. In the end, I've opted for:
    Officially contracted research activity at Italian state institutions.

The rest of the detail is adequately explained in the list of positions that follows the heading.

Thank you both.:):)

Anja.Ann

Italian
    Ciao Murphy :)

You're welcome.

I only thought that the person who needs the translation of his/her CV probably wanted to highlight the fact that some relationships/direct connections were managed by him/her during these research activities, otherwise, there would be no reason to specify it.
    But I agree that it can be a minor aspect as long as the interpretation conveys the proper meaning :) and your interpretation is perfect :)

rrose17

Canada, English
    Officially contracted research activity at Italian state institutions.
    Small point, Murphy, but doesn't "activity" sound suspiciously like Italian translated? Can't you just use the word research as a noun? Maybe even
    Officially accredited state researcher
    Contract basis institutional research

gandolfo

English-British
    Small point, Murphy, but doesn't "activity" sound suspiciously like Italian translated?:tick: Can't you just use the word research as a noun? Maybe even
    Officially accredited state researcher
    Contract basis institutional research
    or just to get my oar in......;)

Contracted researcher in/for Italian State institutions

< Previous | Next >