formatting (mise en page )

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by L'irlandais, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. L'irlandais

    L'irlandais Senior Member

    Dreyeckland/Alsace region
    Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    In the context of an email I wish to send ; how can I say "formatting" ie. the "page set up" kind, in French
    Some necessary background : (It's the justification of text so that both French and English versions line up despite both being in adjacent columns,) I thought of "soucis de formatage " but having rooted around the forums for half an hour, it seems that's a false friend. Here's more context :
    Thanks for any comments.
  2. Missrapunzel

    Missrapunzel Senior Member

    French (France)
    Mise en page sounds really good to me here if you mean the general layout of text/pictures in the document.
    If you are specifically talking about the frame size, then maybe formattage des cadres flottants.
  3. Computergirl Senior Member

    French - France
    I would say:

    Suite à quelques soucis de mise en page avec les cadres flottants (dûs peut être à mon utilisation de Open Office, un logiciel similaire à Microsoft Word, mais gratuit,) je suis prêt à commencer, par contre je ne vous ai pas demandé si vous aviez un délai à respecter pour la traduction de ce texte,

    P.S. I don't know what you mean by "cadre flottants", just left it to make matters simpler.
  4. L'irlandais

    L'irlandais Senior Member

    Dreyeckland/Alsace region
    Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    Thanks you two. "Cadres flottants" is what my Open Office calls these columns of text which are aligned side by side to facilitate translation. To be honest I've never seen them before, but it appears to work now, so that's fine. My original thread (Bim : 1/2) has some more background, which might have be useful.

Share This Page