Forniremo ai partecipanti diapositive sulle tecniche spiegate nella lezione

Myra_ITA

Italiano
Salve!
Devo tradurre questo messaggio: "Forniremo ai partecipanti diapositive sulle tecniche spiegate nella lezione".
Tuttavia non riesco a capire qual'è la traduzione corretta tra:
1) "We'll give the participants slides about the techniques explained during the lesson"
2) "We'll give to the participants the slides about the techniques explained during the lesson"

L'unica differenza è il "The" davanti a "Slides" che non capisco se vada usato davanti questa parola (in questo contesto). Grazie in anticipo per l'aiuto!

Devi inserire solo la frase ORIGINALE nel titolo del thread, non la tua traduzione
Come devo scegliere i titoli delle discussioni?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Starless74

Italiano
    A mio parere, "the" qui non serve.
    Mi permetterei anche, sulla base del testo originale, di suggerire:
    We'll provide the participants with slides of the techniques presented during the lesson/class.

...anche se "fornire" di per sé mi fa pensare che le diapositive vengano fisicamente distribuite ai partecipanti anziché proiettate su uno schermo, il che mi pare inusuale.

Last edited:

rrose17

Canada, English
    To me it would sound more natural in the passive voice as in
    Participants will be provided with slides of the techniques discussed/presented in class.

theartichoke

English - Canada
    A mio parere, "the" qui non serve.
    Mi permetterei anche, sulla base del testo originale, di suggerire:
    We'll provide the participants with slides of the techniques presented during the lesson/class.

...anche se "fornire" di per sé mi fa pensare che le diapositive vengano fisicamente distribuite ai partecipanti, anziché proiettate su uno schermo, il che mi pare inusuale.
    I think the use of "the" depends on whether the slides will first be shown to the participants during the lesson and then given to them afterwards: if so, I'd use "the slides" (i.e., the ones the participants have already seen). If not, which seems less likely, then just "slides."

Assuming these are PowerPoint slides or something similar, it's pretty normal to say they'll be provided to / shared with the participants, so they can use them for future reference, after they've been shown as part of a presentation.

Mary49

Italian
    If the slides are in a PowerPoint file, I would never call them "diapositive". I'd say "Forniremo il file / la presentazione di PowerPoint...". It is very odd to provide real slides...

theartichoke

English - Canada
    If the slides are in a PowerPoint file, I would never call them "diapositive". I'd say "Forniremo il file / la presentazione di PowerPoint...". It is very odd to provide real slides...
    I hadn't thought about the Italian word. Say "slides" and "lesson" to me, and my mind goes to PowerPoint. Perhaps these "diapositive" are something else? :confused:

gnommero

Italian - Italy
    Before PowerPoint and computers, real photographic slides were projected during presentations and lectures. Here in Italy the English word "slides" is usually used for the pages of a PowerPoint presentation (actually shared after the lecture as a PDF file). Also official software documentation calls them "slides". I'm curious if English speakers use another word.

Einstein

UK, English
    Before PowerPoint and computers, real photographic slides were projected during presentations and lectures. Here in Italy the English word "slides" is usually used for the pages of a PowerPoint presentation (actually shared after the lecture as a PDF file). Also official software documentation calls them "slides". I'm curious if English speakers use another word.
    I've been in Italy for 45 years, so I'm not a reliable witness about English technological language.:D However, a quick Google search ("Powerpoint slides") confirms that the word "slide" is used regularly in this context, also in English. Whoever wrote this text was simply back-translating.

PS I've opened Powerpoint and I see that the Italian version talks about "diapositive"! That confirms it, I think.

Last edited: