forum upgrade to Xenforo 2.2

Loob

English UK
I'm having trouble selecting a chunk of text in order to italicise or bold it. Is it only me?

• Loob

English UK
    Thanks, Paul. It was on my Android phone that I was having particular difficulties.

The problem (if it was one) seems to have been resolved now:cool:.

Aliph

Italian (North)
    Please let me know if anything is not working correctly or looks wrong.
    Hi and thank you for this wonderful website!
    Since the update, I cannot highlight or underline what I write nor add a link.
    Everything in the toolbar stays light grey. If I click on it nothing happens.

I only use Apple mobile devices, smartphone and tablet.

Attachments

• 5C16C616-96F5-4762-A8E6-C9305A2E6BDD.png
      5C16C616-96F5-4762-A8E6-C9305A2E6BDD.png
      265.4 KB · Views: 39
    Last edited:

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I only use Apple mobile devices, smartphone and tablet.
    Hi, Aliph. I see the BBcodes in your attachment, so the normal editor isn't working for you. I searched Xenforo's site and one person said that force-closing Safari fixed the issue. Please try that.

Anybody else seeing this issue on Apple devices?

Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    (i.e. unselect the [ ] icon)
    In Aliph's screen shot, there is no [ ] icon.

Could it be that his screen width is not wide enough? (it doesn't look that way, but you never know). If I make my screen smaller (and not that much smaller), the [ ] icon also disappears.

Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    If I make my screen smaller on my PC, it also looses the [ ] icon.

Attachments

• wrf20210407.PNG
      wrf20210407.PNG
      58.4 KB · Views: 27

Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    I saw that the [ ] icon was missing
    While we are at the [ ] icon: in the previous version, it used to be a cog wheel. Can that be changed? (I know some posts refer to the icon calling it the cog wheel icon (apparently only by me :) ); those posts do not make sense anymore).

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I clicked [] the brackets and it solved the problem
    Good!

If I make my screen smaller on my PC, it also looses the [ ] icon
    I'm not sure how long it will take you to get the new button positions, maybe after closing and reopening your browser. I see it now, though.

in the previous version, it used to be a cog wheel. Can that be changed?
    Not easily, and I think this might be a better icon for what it is.

pointvirgule

langue française
    In Aliph's screen shot, there is no [ ] icon.
    I believe it was hiding under the three dots on the right. But it appears that Mike changed that behavior as we were speaking (see post 61).
    If you make your window smaller, do you see the [ ] now?

Last edited:
    The quote function behaves so unpredictably in my experience that I've resorted to using the BB code exclusively to quote. I was putting up a fight with the quote box trying to get the text to stay inside the box while I was deleting empty lines (lines of text kept jumping outside the box :eek:) It was a relief to get back to the BB code basics, which I can manage. I don't expect there's anything you can do about this, Mike. The programmers and testers of this product dropped the ball. I just wanted to mention my "fix" here so others may benefit from my experience (you're not alone!).

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    I can see it on my laptop (Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114), but not on my iPhone.
    1617901950656.png

Oh, I see it now! You need to switch to landscape view in order to see it! :idea:

I'm using the same version of Chrome as you, @swift. How peculiar that you should have the Jump to New button whereas I don't. I want my $15 back :mad:
    Oh, I see it now! You need to switch to landscape view in order to see it! :idea:
    Clever you! :idea::)

A little while later: Presto! The "Jump to New" button has appeared. Not going to look this gift horse in the mouth

Last edited:

Aliph

Italian (North)
    Jump to New
    The button appeared miraculously on my mobile devices. It’s only working on recent threads launched in the last 24 hours. Good feature.

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I wonder how soon the feature will removed. :D
    Haha. Let's see. It is another way for people to spam us and that could add to the moderaters' load, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. We might restrict it to only Senior Members. I also need to find a way to make the pop-up text visible still when the image has a white or gray background color. I'm not sure it is even possible.

Şafak

Haha. Let's see. It is another way for people to spam us and that could add to the moderaters' load, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. We might restrict it to only Senior Members. I also need to find a way to make the pop-up text visible still when the image has a white or gray background color. I'm not sure it is even possible.
    Yes, it does look scuffed 😁😁

0BC1B532-7F00-4760-A1CA-2D6ED7F37FE3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    Since the upgrade, deleted threads are still visible to regular members if you click on the thread titles. Previously, clicking on the thread title only showed the reason for deletion and nothing else. Now, the entire thread is visible.

Erebos12345

Canadian English
    Bold and underline work, but italics doesn't work for me either. 😿 (Windows 10, Firefox)

EDIT: apparently, the text is italicized when I publish the post but not when I'm writing it. 🤷‍♂️

amikama

a mi modo
    עברית
    So weird. Maybe because your interface language is Chinese?

It appears as italicized to me...
    1618390413025.png

...but when I change the interface language to Traditional or Simplified Chinese, it's not italicized:
    1618390372779.png

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    So weird. Maybe because your interface language is Chinese?

I see what is going on and will investigate. Chinese characters are not supposed to show in Italics, but Xenforo says not to italicize anything if the language code is set to ZH, as it is in the Chinese interface.

Also, unrelated to XF 2.2, I changed the default editing time for conversation messages to 24 hours. Hopefully, it does not cause any problems!