FR: augmentant de 40 % le réseau X

Dupon

Chinese
Testée l’été dernier pour rester dans la course face à la multiplication des enseignes de proximité (A2Pas, Carrefour City, Carrefour Contact…), cette version express de l’enseigne discount a connu un succès « fulgurant », selon Tina Schuler, directrice générale de Leader Price. En moins de six mois, 450 de ces petites supérettes low-costs ont essaimé un peu partout en France, augmentant de 40% le réseau Leader Price.

Here augmentant de 40% le réseau Leader Price
The object of “augmentant” is “le réseau Leader Price”?
The subject of "augmentant" is "450 de ces petites supérettes low-costs"?

My understanding:…increasing the net of Leader Price by 40%.

Thanks!

• Zora Jupiter

English - American
    Yes, except I would use "network" instead of "net" for réseau, as in "increasing the Leader Price network by 40%".

Hope this helps!

Dupon

Chinese
    Is "de 40%" a complément circonstanciel? And it could be put between the verb and COD?

Galou314

French
    the meaning: the 450 little shops leads to an increase of 40% f the leader price's network

not sure to understand your question

Dupon

Chinese
    Actually I want to make sure why "de 40%" could be put between the verb "augmentant" and the object "le réseau"

the meaning: the 450 little shops leads to an increase of 40% f the leader price's network

not sure to understand your question

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    Hello Dupon,

The author could just as easily said ...augmentant le réseau LP de 40%, which would make the object of the verb clearer to understand. However, the other word order is a question of stylistics, not correctness.

...increasing the LP chain by 40%.

(Store networks are usually called chains in English.)

Dupon

Chinese
    Thanks for your answer!
    I think this is a differene between English and French which sometimes makes me a little confused,
    in English it should be impossible to say increasing by 40% the LP chain.
    (Or maybe at least it is rare to say in this way in English, but in French it seems quite common to insert some element between the verb and the object )

Hello Dupon,

The author could just as easily said ...augmentant le réseau LP de 40%, which would make the object of the verb clearer to understand. However, the other word order is a question of stylistics, not correctness.

...increasing the LP chain by 40%.

(Store networks are usually called chains in English.)

< Previous | Next >