fractional rig (sailing)

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by TonyMS, Jan 14, 2010.

  1. TonyMS Member

    Huntingdon UK
    English UK
    Sailing yachts have either fractional or masthead rig. With fractional rig, the forestay attaches to the mast about 3/4 of the way up.

    How do you write "fractional rig" in Spanish? (It would be interesting to know how to write "masthead rig" as well.)
  2. avizor

    avizor Senior Member

    Córdoba, España
    Spain, Spanish
    aparejo fraccional o fraccionado/ aparejo a tope
  3. TonyMS Member

    Huntingdon UK
    English UK
    Muchas gracias - ¡de vez en cuando una traducción literal funciona bien!

Share This Page