Frekvence / Četnost / Kmitočet

eduard85

Español
Hi,

I am trying to translate the English term Frequency into Czech but I am not sure which of the following choices suits better:

Frekvence
Četnost
Kmitočet

By frequency I basically mean how often the wind blows from a certain direction (North, South, etc.) during a specific period of time, and the value will be expressed in %. Below in as example:

Direction: West
Frequency: 75%

Thank you very much for your help!

• eduard85

Español
    Thank you very much for your quick response! Should I use Frekvence or Frekevence as you wrote?

Mori.cze

Czech
    Kmitočet makes really no sense, but I do not like frekvence either. (Frekevence is a typo.) Četnost is not perfect, but I prefer it to frekvence. I would, however, go for somerhing like podíl, literally ratio.

Frekvence 75 % is very confusing to me. Frequency should be in Hz and refer to some kind of oscillations.

Onyx18

Czech
    I'm so sorry for that typo, of course "Frekvence" ;). Maybe you should say also "četnost", so if you can, I would recomnend you to wait for another opinion.

Yes, I agree with Mori.cze, that frekvence isn't perfect here, but it is the best choice from your three options.

Maybe you can say: relativní "četnost" výskytu směru větru v procentech, like in this article: Směr a rychlost větru

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >