French is so sexy

Frenchnoob

English Australian
Everytime I hear someone speak French I always feel like say "God French is so sexy!"
Do French people say this in the same way or is it better to say as "The French language is so sexy"? ... in French of course.

Help appreciated.

• hibouette

France and French
    We don't think French is sexy but we think so for spanish or better : italian

l'italien c'est (une langue) hyper sexy
    ou une langue qui fait rêver

Claire2lune

French
    la langue française est très sexy
    could work.. sexy mean the same in French
    Some weeks ago, in a forum discussion, a Brit member tell me French is the romantic language.. i found this so nice.. (i think it's rather romantic than sexy..)

Frenchnoob

English Australian
    Yeah but the rest of the world KNOWS french sounds the best =)
    So would I say...

Les francais c'est (une langue) hyper sexy?
    ou
    La francaise c'est (une langue) hyper sexy?

Merciiiiiiiiiii hibouette.

Fred_C

Français
    I do not think it is a good idea to say an english word in a french sentence intended to praise the french language itself.
    Especially when intending to say something so annoying and cliché :-D

Frenchnoob

English Australian
    I do not think it is a good idea to say an english word in a french sentence intended to praise the french language itself.
    Especially when intending to say something so annoying and cliché :-D

But is there a better French alternative to the english word "sexy"?
    I would gladly & prefer to use a french word instead.

hibouette

France and French
    But is there a better French alternative to the english word "sexy"?
    on peut dire une langue :
    "qui a beaucoup de charme", magnifique (beautiful),
    "charmeuse", "ensorcellante",
    "romantique", "émouvante",
    " exotique"

Leonardoo

French - France
    Pourquoi pas remplacer "sexy" par "glamour" ?

Leo

P.S.: On me fait remarquer que le mot "glamour" n'est pas francais (bien qu'il sonne francais) !

Bakachan

Français, France.
    Bonjour,
    Glamour, autant que Sexy, semble avoir une origine anglaise.
    Quoiqu'il en soit, Ces deux mots sont parfaitement intégrés dans la langue française... dire "Le français, c'est trop sexy" ne me choque pas du tout ^^
    C'est juste un langage courant/familier, pas soutenu. Pour du plus soutenu en effet, je dirais plus "La langue française est vraiment séduisante", dans le genre =)

Claire2lune

French
    moi je trouve que garder "sexy" sonne tout à fait correctement... c'est même très courant de l'employer en français. Donc je maintiens ma réponse en ajoutant même un superlatif :

je trouve la langue française super sexy

;)

Frenchnoob

English Australian
    Its really funny but the responses in this post made me realise what the word "sexy" meant in english as I never bothered to really think about it.
    One meaning is the obvious being that it incites sexual or erotic feelings & reponses.
    The just as equally used meaning of "sexy" is that something is "incredibly attractive" or "extremely appealing" but in a non sexual way.
    Obviously, I meant the second one but I get the impression that some people think I meant the first one ... is this correct???
    Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
    Funnily enough, I had to look up the definition of "sexy" just to make sure that my implicit understanding of the word was correct.
    Implicit being that I've never looked up the meaning of the word but just know the meaning by hearing how its used.
    Luckily I was correct before looking it up =).

And I concur, French is an incredibly sexy language!
    And let me tell you, many Aussies (ie slang for Australian) say exactly the same thing.
    And I'm sure we're not the only ones.
    My apologies if my banging on about the same topic is getting a little repetitious for people.

Oh, and also, maybe coz "sexy" is a somewhat more of a trendy word to use in english but I still think "sexy" is the more accurate to describe French rather than romantic. Yes, its in there but I don't think romantic on its own does it justice coz it just doesn't capture the degree of attractiveness that the word "sexy" does.

Of course this is just my opinion =).

fn.

< Previous | Next >