freno torpedo / contra pedal

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
Chilean Spanish
Hey there!

How would you say freno torpedo or freno contra pedal in English?

To give you a little bit of context, this kind of brake you use it in certain bicycles, but not in all of them. It consists of two axis that block the rear wheel when you pedal backwards. It is important not to confuse it with the fixed bikes that are alike but not the same.


Nevermind, I think I found it.

They are called coaster brakes.

I'm going to post it anyways just in case is useful for another one.
  • < Previous | Next >