friendly reminder/ second sending

merquiades

English (USA Northeast)
Hello everybody,
I sent off a letter to someone one month ago, and I have not received an answer to it though I am sure they did receive it as I sent it registered mail. In this letter I specifically asked for a response.

I'm planning to send it back again with the mention in bold "friendly reminder" but I was wondering if that seems the appropriate tone to you. Is that the most commonly used term in formal letters? I could also opt for "second sending", "second dispatch" or something else like that but they don't seem very natural.
What would you suggest?

Thanks for your help

• Packard

USA, English
    It depends upon how much of a scold you want to sound like. I see more often "a reminder..." I prefer to simply put it in the first sentence of my letter. The tone can be set by how you phrase it. I have shown a few examples. It was kind of fun.:)

• Gently: I am writing again to find out...
    • Less Gently: I am writing again, having not heard back after my last letter, to find out...
    • Even Less Gently: I have written to you in the past and I have not heard back from you...
    • Angry: It seems to me that one letter should have been enough, but I am finding myself writing again seeking information...
    • Very angry: I know you have received my earlier letter which was sent by registered mail, but it seems that you have chosen to ignore it...
    • Beyond angry: What the fuck does it take to get an answer from you. I wrote to you earlier by registered mail and you apparently think this problem will go away if you ignore it. It will not. I have plenty of C-4 and the means and skills with which to deliver it. I suggest you reply promptly. :D

merquiades

English (USA Northeast)
    It depends upon how much of a scold you want to sound like. I see more often "a reminder..." I prefer to simply put it in the first sentence of my letter. The tone can be set by how you phrase it. I have shown a few examples. It was kind of fun.:)

• Gently: I am writing again to find out...
    • Less Gently: I am writing again, having not heard back after my last letter, to find out...
    • Even Less Gently: I have written to you in the past and I have not heard back from you...
    • Angry: It seems to me that one letter should have been enough, but I am finding myself writing again seeking information...
    • Very angry: I know you have received my earlier letter which was sent by registered mail, but it seems that you have chosen to ignore it...
    • Beyond angry: What the fuck does it take to get an answer from you. I wrote to you earlier by registered mail and you apparently think this problem will go away if you ignore it. It will not. I have plenty of C-4 and the means and skills with which to deliver it. I suggest you reply promptly. :D
    Thanks Packard :)
    I absolutely love the "beyond angry" sentence.:D To be honest, that's the option I prefer as I am really mad at them for not taking me seriously. But I think I'll go for the "gentle" reminder, then in two weeks I'll raise the tone. Don't they say you can catch more flies with honey....

< Previous | Next >