friendship

carmen_85

Polish-English
Hi,

I am looking for a word which meaning is 'friendship', yet it could be more rare or more formal... I do not know which word could exchange "Friendship" in the text for example.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi,

I am looking for a word which meaning is 'friendship', yet it could be more rare or more formal... I do not know which word could exchange "Friendship" in the text for example.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot
    Hi, Carmen! Can you quote the text in which you saw this word? We need some context in order to answer your question, since the suitable synonym could be different depending on how you want to use it.

carmen_85

Polish-English
    Hi, Carmen! Can you quote the text in which you saw this word? We need some context in order to answer your question, since the suitable synonym could be different depending on how you want to use it.

Hi,

it is for example:
    We had a great friendship.....
    As our friendship started to go weaker...
    only in that use :)

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Without knowing more, I'd say that "friendship" is the word that fits. If you could explain a little about why you want something more formal or higher register or more literary (and which of those), we might be of more use to you.

Renaissance man

We could go on listing all possible synonyms, but we don't really know the purpose. There is no indication as to why "friendship" is not desired in the situation at hand. Carmen, is this supposed to take place long ago? Like a historical novel? Or is it a dialogue between aristocrats?

carmen_85

Polish-English
    No, I just do not want to repeat the word 'friendship' again and again in my paper work. That is all :) I have used for example - strong connection, relationship and 'loose our bonding'... But still I am not sure if it fits to the text. And the text is about a person who used to be my friend.

Thanks in advance

< Previous | Next >