from a CEO speech

anitax

Polish
Dear all,

how would you express the following in different words?

I know we can build a better company together, and I am proud and excited as we move forward on this challenge.

I have to translate it, but cannot come any further with this ...
Any alternatives would be very helpful.

Thanks
A.

• maxiogee

Banned
    English
    It is very well written as it is, it is short and compact and says nothing anyone could argue with. It applies to every company everywhere.

I would suggest....
    Our company is changing for the better and I am delighted to be the one to lead you into this change and eager to see it happen.

anitax

Polish
    Thanks. It's probably too well written for me as I am translating FROM English. Your suggestion is really helpful

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Taking into account what else you've told us about this company, it is a very powerful statement of commitment from the CEO. Which parts of ths statement are you having difficulty with?

anitax

Polish
    'I am excited as we move forward on this challenge' was the part, which caused most problems. I even doubted it can be translated at all ...
    Thanks for your support

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I know we can build a better company together, and I am proud and excited as we move forward on this challenge.

I am proud
    = I think that is obvious.

... and excited
    = I think this is a very exciting opportunity, now that we are all working together; I find this very enjoyable and worthwhile.

... as we move forward on this challenge
    = as we begin to work through the difficulties of making our new plans and ideas turn into reality (we have worked hard on the new strategy and we have got everyone to agree to it, but making it actually happen is the challenge).

I hope that helps a little.

< Previous | Next >