From Russia with love

Nathaloshka

UK
England, English and French
Hello,

My question is how would you translate the expression "With love" to conclude a letter for example? Or in the context of a sentence like "From Russia with love" (like the well-known film) :)
I made a search on the forum but couldn't find any thread/post related to this.
Thank you in advance for your help :)

Всего хорошего,

Nathalie.

• Kolan

Banned
    Russian (CCCP)
    If you are woman writing to a man you know very well (and he is expecting such a move from you), then you may try любящая Вас (тебя), but I am sure the community will come up with many other suggestions.:confused:

My example implies a very definitive, uncompromised feeling.

Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    If you are woman writing to a man you know very well (and he is expecting such a move from you), then you may try любящая Вас (тебя), but I am sure the community will come up with many other suggestions.:confused:

My example implies a very definitive, uncompromised feeling.
    Sorry, Kolan, but I'm afraid that I've never in my life heard ''любящая Вас''.. and to be honest, it sounds a little bit strange to me.. :eek: Perhaps I'm missing something.
    It is true what Setwale said, it's rare to sign off in a letter with ''С любовью''. The most common one of this contrsuction is ''С уважением'', but of course, this isn't particulary ''warm'' - in fact, it's quite impersonal and formal. So if you wanted to be a little more ''close'', you would say: Искренне Ваш(а).

But in your case, when translating ''from Russia with Love'' I think Setwale's suggestion is very good: Из России с любовью. :)

Kolan

Banned
    Russian (CCCP)
    Sorry, Kolan, but I'm afraid that I've never in my life heard ''любящая Вас''.. and to be honest, it sounds a little bit strange to me.. :eek: Perhaps I'm missing something.
    Well... you could miss "a very definitive, uncompromised feeling", that I mentioned.

I retried the "Google" method that we used with you recently in a neighboring thread to see, if there is any reasonable example from an independent source

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=ru&q='любящая+Вас'&btnG=Поиск+в+Google

And, yes, there is plenty of them. "Остаюсь, любящий вас"

< Previous | Next >