from <the land of> Korea’s last dynasty

< Previous | Next >

uonme1212

English-USA
Hi all,

The below is my writing and I have questions on the wording in bold. Does "from the land of Korea’s last dynasty to China" sound good? Should I delete "the land of"?

<-----Additional questions removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Roughly 33% of South Korea’s immigrant population are XXX whose ancestors emigrated voluntarily and involuntarily from the land of Korea’s last dynasty (Joseon Dynasty: 1392–1910) to China. XXX are called as Joseonjok. During the period of Japanese rule over Korea (1910-1945), some of the Joseonjok left Korea voluntarily and established residence in the northeastern area of China, near the border where today’s China and North Korea meet. Others moved to China to join the Chinese military to wage an independent movement against the Japanese invasion. <-----Excess quote removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

• uonme1212

English-USA
    One more question is:

Should I put "the" before Joseonjok or should I italicize Joseonjok without "the"?

Roughly 33% of South Korea’s immigrant population are XXX whose ancestors emigrated voluntarily and involuntarily from the land of Korea’s last dynasty (Joseon Dynasty: 1392–1910) to China. XXX are called as Joseonjok. During the period of Japanese rule over Korea (1910-1945), some of the Joseonjok left Korea voluntarily and established ...........

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    XXX are called as Joseonjok.
    You should remove "as". Adding "the" is optional, but changes the meaning:

XXX are called the Joseonjok. ==> this group of people is called the Joseonjok.

XXX are called Joseonjok. ==> each person in this group is called a Joseonjok.

uonme1212

English-USA

I see. Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate your help.

uonme1212

English-USA

One more question is

Does "from the land of Korea’s last dynasty to China" sound good? Should I delete "the land of"?

< Previous | Next >