from the likes of Wispy and Dave the Skunk

estherps

Spanish (Spain)
Hi, I do not really know what does it mean. Someone told me that it means that
Unless we are happy to see London reduced to a ghost town, we do not have to let wealthy people to continue doing like this with properties.
But what is Wispy and Dave the Skunk????

Unless we are happy to see London reduced to a ghost town, maybe a little input from the likes of Wispy and Dave the Skunk are exactly what we need to ensure that wealthy homeowners either move into their properties – or sell up.

Thank's

• Matching Mole

England, English
    Where is it from? I actually live in London and have no idea who these characters are. I would guess they are squatters. Perhaps they are real people who are known to the intended audience of this statement, but I do not think they are known to the public at large.

estherps

Spanish (Spain)
    Hi again, thank´s for your answer. Actually I think you have reason because nobody knows this people, so I guess the writter wanted to put an example just for those peolple who know about the topic.
    Finally I have decided to tanslate it into spanisk "squatters":

Unless we are happy to see London reduced to a ghost town, maybe a little input (from the likes of Wispy and Dave the Skunk) from the squatters are exactly what we need to ensure that wealthy homeowners either move into their properties – or sell up.

What do you think? Thank´s a lot

< Previous | Next >