from the studies of

< Previous | Next >

Renatrix

polski
I have to translate the title of an article into English. A literal translation would go as follows: "From the studies of inclusive education." I haven't read the article, just the abstract, and I'm wondering whether such a title is correct in English, i.e. a title where something is kind of missing. I guest we could make it complete by saying something like "Information/Reports from the studies of ..." Would you understand something like "From the studies of inclusive education" or I should rather say "Studies of inclusive education"?

• Renatrix

polski
    I don't think so, Greyfriar, as I haven't read the article and I don't know what it is exactly. I can just guess - based the abstract - that it analyses the issue of inclusive education presented in different studies. I think an 'extract' is to specific.

jarabina

English - Scotland
    The 'From.....' version ...' doesn't very natural to me at all. I suspect Polish is like Slovak in that traditionally there is a tendency to begin article titles with prepositions. English generally doesn't do this. It makes the title sound like it is half-finished - from there to where? Sounds to me like it's a review article, so I would probably go with your second option "Studies of inclusive education".

< Previous | Next >