From/To date

• francophile indienne

English and India
    I could have been more explicit, I suppose!
    I was looking for the translation of the exact words! For instance, 'Order From date' would be 'Commande de la Date' ? It's an application form, and the user would then fill in a date.
    Thanks!

francophile indienne

English and India
    Ok. Here I go again!
    There is a Purchase Order Database. And to search for a specific order, the user has to enter in a blank application form, Order from date and Order to date - and all the orders between these two dates will be displayed. So, I'm looking for something along the lines of 'Commande a partir de...' and 'Commande jusqu'a'???!
    Thanks!
    Ps-Along the same string of thought - 'Please enter the from date' This would be 'Veuillez entrer......?

francophile indienne

English and India
    Still unsure...
    How would I differentiate between 'Order from/to date' and Start/end date of order'? The former is in a context where the user is looking for a specifically dated order and would have to enter two dates in the application form - from/to dates - after which the results are displayed. The latter is in a context where one order ranges between two dates - start/end dates.
    I wonder if I've stated what I'm looking for clearly!

francophile indienne

English and India
    Ok!!
    There are two date categories. Order from/to date and Start/end date of Order.
    For the first instance, there is a database with all the purchase orders. A client wants to search the database for an order, but doesn't know the exact date of the order. So s/he runs a random search between Nov 2003 and Nov 2004. In this case - the Order from date is Nov 2003 and Order to date is Nov 2004.
    The second category is self-explanatory, I suppose. But just to be on the safer side.....Here we are talking about a different database. Each order has a start and end date - the dates when the order would be valid (start date) and expire (end date)
    That better?

carolineR

France
    1°cas : rechercher commandes du.../.../... au.../.../... (jour précis) ou de .../.../ à .../...(de mois à mois)
    2° cas : commande valable du.../.../... au .../.../...`
    In other words, if I understand this correctly, it is not the way we write the date itself which would change (du ... au ou du ... à) but what is written before the date :)

< Previous | Next >