From where vs where from

Joseph A

Kurdish
Hello everyone,
I want to make question about the following sentence (I have taken it from a passage):
One day a wonderful plate made of gold fell from heaven into the court of a temple.
I don't whether it is okay to use "from" either at the beginning or at the end of my question as follows:
1. Where did the plate of gold fall from?
2. From where did the plate of gold fall?
I think #1 is correct.

• sdgraham

USA English
    You didn't tell us how you want to "use" one of these sentences, e.g. written or spoken; formal or casual, etc.
    As above, "1. Where did the plate of gold fall from?" is by far the most common, particularly in unprepared speech or casual written communication.
    I'd expect "2. From where did the plate of gold fall?" to be found in more formal communication.

Joseph A

Kurdish
    You didn't tell us how you want to "use" one of these sentences, e.g. written or spoken; formal or casual, etc.
    As above, "1. Where did the plate of gold fall from?" is by far the most common, particularly in unprepared speech or casual written communication.
    I'd expect "2. From where did the plate of gold fall?" to be found in more formal communication.
    Thank you so much, sdgraham.
    Of course, I want my question to be idiomatic and standard.