front-ish loader?

meijin

Japanese
Hi, do you have this style/shape of washing machine in your country? I suppose you don't. It's not quite front-loading, but it's definitely not top-loading. How would you refer to it if you were looking for it in a home appliance store in Japan?

e.g. Excuse me, you only have top loaders and front loaders? No front-ish ones? I saw them in a magazine.

• heypresto

English - England
    Panasonic, who produced the machine and launched it in 2003, call it a "tilted drum-type washing machine and dryer":

2003. Launched the NA-V80, the world’s first tilted drum-type washing machine and dryer. By tilting the drum and using the drum corners, the washing machine and dryer achieved significant water savings. It also received rave reviews for its ease of inserting and removing clothes to and from the inside of the drum.

meijin

Japanese
    Panasonic, who produced the machine and launched it in 2003, call it a "tilted drum-type washing machine and dryer":
    I see. It's a direct translation from Japanese, and I must say the "-type" is totally unnecessary.

I think they call them 'inclined drum front loaders' here.

Edit: There are more Google hit for 'tilted'.
    I like the combination of 'tilted drum' and 'front loader' (or 'front-loading washer').

< Previous | Next >